ItsMods

Full Version: (BROKEN) JariZ's Background Compiler v1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: kD8aU.png]

This tool is currently broken
Quote:It uses Paint.NET for the conversion and it looks like you need to have Paint.NET installed, I'm really sorry for this, Because i didn't expect this was necessary, I didnt expect this would happen because i included whole Paint.NET, And yes i already tried the Nvidia command line converter but some how it doesnt convert it the right way because it keeps errorizing
I didn't test it enough probaly so i'm really sorry, Version 2 will be coming soon

You can:
  • Install Paint.NET
  • Wait for me to finish V2

What is it?
This. is. JariZ's. Background. Compiler.
The only program that turns a PNG of any size right into a IWD and even installs it into your Black Ops directory.
With this tool, EVERYONE can create a background for black ops in just seconds!
It completely automates all the work you need to do to convert a texture.
It took me 4 days to code, It uses 6 phases, and it's in 3 different coding language's (C#, DOS, AHK)
I created this program because noobs kept asking me if could convert a wallpaper or teach them how to create it.

OMG I WANNA MAKE A BACKGROUND PLZ JARIZ TEACH ME HOW Super noob friendly edition
Step 1. Download my Compiler and extract it.
Step 2. Search for a nice pic you like on http://google.com/images (i would recommend a big picture)
Step 3. Right mouse on the image and select 'Copy Image'
Step 4. Start Paint, and press CTRL+V
Step 5. Press CTRL+S and browse to the directory you extracted my compiler
Step 6. Choose 'Background' as filename, and select PNG in the fileformat chooser
Step 7. You're as good as done, All the work you had to do is over! JBC Will take it from here!
Now doubleclick Build.bat and wait for the program to finish, Don't do anything in the meantime.
Step 8. When it asks you if you want to install the background into Black Ops, Press the 'Y' and 'enter' button.
Step 9. Start Black Ops and enjoy your awesome new background Smile
Step 9. Thank/Rep me. Wink

What does it do? Read only if you're a advanced user
Phase 1: Preparing : Looking if Background.png exists
Phase 2: Converting PNG to DDS using Paint.NET and some third party plugin. Also resizes to 1024x1024 (default background format)
Phase 3: Converting DDS to IWI using the all-known iwi2dds tool, Nothing special.
Phase 4: Fixing using the (slighty modified) IWIFixer made by master131 (from this point C# will take care of the output etc)
Phase 5: CRC Fixing using SuperNovaOA's CRCFixer, I created some kind of AutoHotKey script that will fill all the data in for you, Took me alot of time.
Phase 6: Converting IWI to IWD : translation: zipping the IWI.

Plans for v2
  • GUI
  • Choose a file you want to use as background with a OpenFileDialog
  • Bugfixes, idk if there are any, but i assume

FAQ
I already created a background, but when i create a new background it doesn't show in Black Ops!11!1!!!
- Go to your black ops folder (either C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\main or C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\main) and remove every file that start with iw_bg_*.iwd
I will make this automatically in V2.

It doesnt work man FUCK YOU
- It's still in beta, Also it's V1, Did you notice? I tested it in all kinds of ways, But there always is a bug somewhere.

I saw it's DOS! Now i'm gonna translate the whole thing in russian and put my name everywhere Big Grin
- I don't care, As long as it helps people getting their background in black ops, I'm happy!

Credits
master131 - Creating IWIFixer 20%
SuperNovaAO - Creating CRCFixer 20%
Me - 60%

Video

Screenshot
[Image: nX7g8.png]

Download
Awesome
epic idea
Could you also make a tool that doesnt resize the texture to menu size + reversing (from iwi to png) ?
file checked and approved, really good work, +rep
+1 rep. Handy program.
(07-08-2011, 10:05)OrangePL Wrote: [ -> ]Could you also make a tool that doesnt resize the texture to menu size + reversing (from iwi to png) ?

That's a good idea, Maybe i will.
How we make a background image for a mod using your tool?
(07-08-2011, 20:45)d0h! Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-How-...-mods.html

Lol you could use that tutorial OR you could just use my tool which does all the work in 5 sec
(07-08-2011, 20:30)Scripts18 Wrote: [ -> ]How we make a background image for a mod using your tool?

Put the iw_bg_*.iwd it generates in your mod folder and you're done
[Image: unledyxe.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4