ItsMods

Full Version: Problems getting whitelist to execute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i made a file called whitelist.cfg and put it in my compiled ff, then i executed it from my server.cfg just as http://www.customcod.com/wiki/index.php?...ding_A_Mod but my whitelist is not working, any ideas?
im not quite sure it does work, i tried it to exactly how it says on the wiki, no avail. someone PM me if they get this working PLEASE.
I have had the exact same problem. I'm new to CoD modding, how did this work in previous games?
I tried to execute the whitelist via rcon just out of interest and got setmoddvar is not a valid function.
(07-01-2011, 06:12)[SMG]Hugo Stiglitz Wrote: [ -> ]I have had the exact same problem. I'm new to CoD modding, how did this work in previous games?
I tried to execute the whitelist via rcon just out of interest and got setmoddvar is not a valid function.

same if i try from rcon, but i am executing it from my server.cfg
and it worked then??
No doesn't work either way.
You need to execute it from a different .cfg or from a .menu file

config command:
Code:
exec configname.cfg

a menu file
Code:
execNow exec "configname";
so i can have my server.cfg

and have it say exec mywhitelist.cfg

and it should work?
I got this to work by looking at xkMod.
They put the following in the server.cfg
Code:
// xKMod settings
your_dvar "public" // xkmode, for a list available modes see attached modes.txt
exec myWhiteList.cfg // executes whitelisted commands (the white list is in the .ff, so don't modify this)
and then in myWhiteList.cfg
Code:
setmoddvar your_dvar
myWhiteList.cfg must be in the mod.ff fastfile, put the following line into your zone source/mod.csv
Code:
rawfile,myWhitelist.cfg
Now compile and upload to FTP. In the GS.com control panel set "Mod" to your mod folder name and "Config File" to server.cfg.
thanks huge, ill try it out..
Pages: 1 2 3