ItsMods

Full Version: Black Ops Mod upload tutorial shown with xkmod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So i will help you a little bit to made this awesome mod getting working on your "unranked" gameserver!!!

First get the mod located here:
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-xKMo...-Like.html

So we go on log into your ftp account from your gameserver.com

[Image: i967-2-c81e.jpg]

now upload the mod and rename it in an easierway it seems that Gameservers.com have a liitle trouble with some signs in my case i renamed it in mp_xkmod:

[Image: i967-3-eccb.jpg]

then the important thing is you must create a new txt file and insert these commands:

seta sv_hostname "Your ServerName"
seta rcon_password "Your Rcon Password"
seta g_password "Your Gameserver Password"
seta g_gametype "sd"

Cause if you do not Your server will be shown as Black Ops Private as name and every player got acces to your server via rcon!!!! g_password only if you want to get your server password protected if you want public do not enter any thing like this example set g_password ""...
The last entry set g_gametype "sd" you should only enter if you use competition mods like cmmod, xkmod.. If you are using hide and seek you should enter g_gametype "hns"
So we go on after you wrote the txt save it and rename the txt file into server.cfg.
This cfg must be also uploaded into the mod folder on your FTP..

Now login into gameservers.com click on config and choose commandlines.txt and insert this like shown on the picture:

[Image: i967-6-1679.jpg]

Edit: After this go back on the register card "info" behind your ftp link there is a RESYNC link click that wait 60 seconds and restart your server and have fun!
Greetz M@C

Nice tutorial, however if I was you, I would called this tutorial: black ops dedicated server mod tutorial. Or something like that. However, I repped +1 you.
(06-25-2011, 16:50)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]Nice tutorial, however if I was you, I would called this tutorial: black ops dedicated server mod tutorial. Or something like that. However, I repped +1 you.

Exactly, this tutorial works for any mod, since GS.com f*cked up system is messing with every single mod.

Thanks for the tutorial though (:
(06-25-2011, 16:50)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]Nice tutorial, however if I was you, I would called this tutorial: black ops dedicated server mod tutorial. Or something like that. However, I repped +1 you.

Just edited!!

(06-25-2011, 16:54)XeroK Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly, this tutorial works for any mod, since GS.com f*cked up system is messing with every single mod.

Thanks for the tutorial though (:

Yeah pls think about to rename the mod in an esier way it should be better these are my experience cause some signs will not work to load the mods...

moved to tutorials
I followed the tutorial to a dot and still cant get it to work. I went through it 5 times step by step, but it still lists the server as BlackOpsPrivate with Array and TDM.
i'm getting the same as armyman, wth am i doing wrong?
(06-26-2011, 08:34)ImAnArmyMan Wrote: [ -> ]I followed the tutorial to a dot and still cant get it to work. I went through it 5 times step by step, but it still lists the server as BlackOpsPrivate with Array and TDM.

sry just find out since the last patch it must be

seta sv_hostname "Your Server Name"
seta....
seta....
Hello!
I got a problem Server Start with the mod and everyone download the mod but aufter loading it is like unmoded black ops whats wrong here???
gameservers.com did a ftp fix after you uploaded your mod you must go on info page of your unranked server and press RESYNC wait 60 seconds and then restart your server

Pages: 1 2 3