ItsMods

Full Version: CoDBO Building A Mod *With Mod Tools* + More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Building A Mod
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zone Source
Select the mod from the drop down list in the Mod Builder tab you wish to edit.

Press the Edit Zone Source button to open up a dialog to edit your mods CSV file.
Note: You can press the Zone Source button below and your CSV will open in the text editor associated with CSV files if you wish to use your regular text editor.

In your mod CSV, list any files you wish to be linked inside your mod.FF (FastFile).

When ready to make a FastFile, check the Link FastFile option and click Build Mod button.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IWD
Select the mod from the drop down list in the Mod Builder tab you wish to edit.

On the right is a IWD File List, this is populated based on all the files in your mod's folder. You can view the mod folder by clicking the View Mod button.

Typically, you will want to place any new texture images (*.IWI files) in an IWD.

When ready to make a IWD, check the Build IWD option and click Build Mod button.

Server Side
Server Side IWDs operate the same way as regular IWDs, but clients will not download them when connecting to your server. This is ideal for scripts.

To make a servside IWD, ensure the file name contains _svr_

White Listing
To whitelist dvars or commands for your mod, you will need to make a config CFG and list anything you want whitelisted with setmoddvar in front of each entry and ensure that CFG goes in your mod FastFile.

You can whitelist up to 32 dvars/cmds.

Note: Every time you switch between mods the whitelist will get cleared.

For example:
setmoddvar developer
setmoddvar developer_script
setmoddvar scr_mymod_timelimit

On the server or client, you would then issue an exec command for that CFG.

For example:

exec myWhitelist

Note: Executing whitelisting CFGs must be done from a FastFile, it will not work from disk (ie an IWD or loose file placed in the folder).

Asset Types

Asset Types
aitype
character
col_map_mp
col_map_sp
com_map
ddl
destructibledef
emblemset
font
fx
game_map_mp
game_map_sp
gfx_map
glasses
impactfx
lightdef
localize
map_ents
material
menu
menufile
mpbody
mphead
mptype
packindex
physconstraints
physpreset
rawfile
snddriverglobals
sound
sound_patch
stringtable
techset
texturelist
ui_map
weapon
weapondef
weaponvariant
xanim
xGlobals
xmodel
xmodelalias
xmodelpieces

Sources:
http://wiki.treyarch.com/wiki/CoDBO_Building_A_Mod
http://wiki.treyarch.com/wiki/Asset_Types
col_map_sp and col_map_mp ? why ? Treyarch will release Map Making Tool O_O ?
(06-28-2011, 15:57)Se7en Wrote: [ -> ]col_map_sp and col_map_mp ? why ? Treyarch will release Map Making Tool O_O ?

we just need enabled col_map_mp and costum maps are out... Thats blcoked and i cant compile map... i was compile bsp in waw same images used as in bo then copy files in bo and compile as fast file for mods but eror comes it says i cant compile col_map_mp yet..
Eh so fail:
Code:
********************************************************************************
UNRECOVERABLE ERROR:
  Com_LoadBsp: Not allowed at this time!

Linker will now terminate.
********************************************************************************

==================================================
Linker summary:

There were 0 warnings and 1 error.

Errors:
  (!) UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: Com_LoadBsp: Not allowed at this time!
Arguments passed to linker:
  -nopause -language english -moddir mp_zom_x7 mod

==================================================
herpderp. se7en you're late at the party
(06-28-2011, 16:15)tadej Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2011, 15:57)Se7en Wrote: [ -> ]col_map_sp and col_map_mp ? why ? Treyarch will release Map Making Tool O_O ?

we just need enabled col_map_mp and costum maps are out... Thats blcoked and i cant compile map... i was compile bsp in waw same images used as in bo then copy files in bo and compile as fast file for mods but eror comes it says i cant compile col_map_mp yet..

NTA managed to get a modified WaW map working
It's one byte patch and the "not allowed at this time" is gone...
(10-08-2011, 13:48)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]It's one byte patch and the "not allowed at this time" is gone...

I tried but couldn't get it to work.
Is mod tools bannable lol ?
(10-08-2011, 16:11)Se7en Wrote: [ -> ]Is mod tools bannable lol ?

Yes Troll
Pages: 1 2