ItsMods

Full Version: mod background :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well....

my mod is finished and my image is finished to, BUT -.-

in my mp_(bla bla bla) map ive got a .iwd called mp_(bla bla bla Tongue) nevermind Tongue

in my .iwd ive got a map images and the maps->mp->gametypes etc etc etc

in my images map ive got menu_mp_background and menu_mp_background2

(the same image) .iwi ofc and i didnt noticed the images in my mod(idk if thats the problem, i also dont know how hehe)

what did i do wrong?
(06-15-2011, 17:23)eliteCVDelite Wrote: [ -> ]well....

my mod is finished and my image is finished to, BUT -.-

in my mp_(bla bla bla) map ive got a .iwd called mp_(bla bla bla Tongue) nevermind Tongue

in my .iwd ive got a map images and the maps->mp->gametypes etc etc etc

in my images map ive got menu_mp_background and menu_mp_background2

(the same image) .iwi ofc and i didnt noticed the images in my mod(idk if thats the problem, i also dont know how hehe)

what did i do wrong?

Are you talking about the main menu background?

You'll need an IWI image named "menu_mp_background_main2" placed in your IWD within the 'images' folder.
ahahhhh thx i will try it out now
ok thats it but now i get a error: couldn't load image "menu_mp_background_main2".

my image is: [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/121/stakeoutchaos.jpg/][Image: stakeoutchaos.jpg]

this is the .jpg version

I made a .dds and turned it into .iwi put why is this wrong?
(06-16-2011, 06:34)eliteCVDelite Wrote: [ -> ]ahahhhh thx i will try it out now
ok thats it but now i get a error: couldn't load image "menu_mp_background_main2".

my image is: [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/121/stakeoutchaos.jpg/][Image: stakeoutchaos.jpg]

this is the .jpg version

I made a .dds and turned it into .iwi put why is this wrong?

Your image isn't a power of 2.

Also, not sure what tool you're using to generate IWI but when the mod tools come out you'll want to use UNcompressed TGAs and the engine pipeline then compresses, and converts them into DDS files.
(06-16-2011, 18:09)SparkyMcSparks Wrote: [ -> ]when the mod tools come out

Would you mind telling us when that specific moment will occur in the current space-time continuum?
even when i only use the menu_mp_background_main i get the same error :S
dxt1 no MIP maps 1024x1024
worked Wink nice man gj
(06-16-2011, 19:43)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2011, 18:09)SparkyMcSparks Wrote: [ -> ]when the mod tools come out

Would you mind telling us when that specific moment will occur in the current space-time continuum?

total solar eclipse, x-ing fingers
(06-16-2011, 21:26)met94 Wrote: [ -> ]dxt1 no MIP maps 1024x1024

Hi Smile

I made a .IWI file with 1024x1024, no alpha,no MIP maps and in my "mp_TEST.iwd" package is the right folder "images" with the CRC-fixed "menu_mp_background_main2.iwi".
But if I want to start my Mod, there comes this up:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Error:
Couldn't load image 'menu_mp_background_main2'
---------------------------------------------------------------

What have i done wrong? Sparky wrote that the image must have "the power of 2".
But what is this???

Can please somebody say me my mistake, or could make me an working .IWI file of my picture? Because if I load eliteCDV's "Stake-Out Chaos" .IWI file, it works in Game. The Guys who helpt me will get a "Thank You-Click" !!!

Theres my picture: [Image: backgroundkq.png]