ItsMods

Full Version: issues saveing as dds :S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok so i found a old copy of cs2 on a old drive so i installed it and the plug in and tried editing a map loadscreen but it freaks out please see pictures

Load
[Image: load.jpg]
save
[Image: save.jpg]
and when i go to open it i get this ?????
[Image: error.jpg]

what happed there ? lol
No MIP maps for background.
oh thanks man xD is that in both loading and saveing ?
also when would i use mipmaps
(06-14-2011, 14:26)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]oh thanks man xD is that in both loading and saveing ?
Never checked load MIP maps box in loading yet.

(06-14-2011, 14:26)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]also when would i use mipmaps
rank icons, waw hudicons

Im using method if original iwi size ~= 5,40kb -> dxt5 MIP maps
~= 4,04kb -> dxt5 no MIP maps
ok thanks heaps one last thing ,the main menu picture how would i add a alpha channel to a random picture or will it add it when i save? thanks man
(06-14-2011, 15:21)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]ok thanks heaps one last thing ,the main menu picture how would i add a alpha channel to a random picture or will it add it when i save? thanks man
select transparent part of image -> invert selection -> switch to channels tab -> click add channel
hey got a nother issue now when i edit a compas picture a save it "as dxt5 no mipmaps " it load's however it's "stripy" like has line's in it Confused
[Image: errorcompas.jpg]
i also tried dxt1 but that didnt work then i tried dxt5 and genarate mipmaps but that also failed next thought was to load mipmaps with picture and save as dxt5 and use existing mipmaps but thought id see if anyone know whats happening first the only reason im trying mipmaps is coz the line make me think its missing some info or something but i only installed photoshop yester day so im still figering this out xD
thanks you in advance

Hector Hind
(06-15-2011, 10:54)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]hey got a nother issue now when i edit a compas picture a save it "as dxt5 no mipmaps " it load's however it's "stripy" like has line's in it Confused
[Image: errorcompas.jpg]
i also tried dxt1 but that didnt work then i tried dxt5 and genarate mipmaps but that also failed next thought was to load mipmaps with picture and save as dxt5 and use existing mipmaps but thought id see if anyone know whats happening first the only reason im trying mipmaps is coz the line make me think its missing some info or something but i only installed photoshop yester day so im still figering this out xD
thanks you in advance

Hector Hind
I had same problem on editing rank_prestige_2.iwi. To fix it I renamed rank_prestige_5.iwi to rank_prestige_2.iwi and made crc and iwi fixing on this.
hmm so if im reading this right you mean
the file i have is named compass_map_mp_array so maybe getting another compass file ie compass_map_mp_hanoi.iwi and renameing it to compass_map_mp_array and useing that as the original iwi file for hex edit it might work? just want to make sure before i try that xD
(06-15-2011, 12:20)rotceh_dnih Wrote: [ -> ]hmm so if im reading this right you mean
the file i have is named compass_map_mp_array so maybe getting another compass file ie compass_map_mp_hanoi.iwi and renameing it to compass_map_mp_array and useing that as the original iwi file for hex edit it might work? just want to make sure before i try that xD

yup
Pages: 1 2