ItsMods

Full Version: Easy | How to read text from .ff file's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How to read text from .ff file's

I read this awhile ago and thought i might make a tutorial ,To help|inspire some modders out there xD

1. Get a zlib-decompression tool ie Simplyzip ,in tools.rar

2. Get a hex editor, i like HxD ,in tools.rar

3. Open map fastfile using HxD

4. remove first 12 bytes:
49 57 66 66 75 31 30 30 05 00 00 00 | IWffu100....

5. Save as mp_yourfile.zlib or whatever, extionsion actually doesn't matter

6. Start Simplyzip, go to menu "External progs" > "ZLIB (pack/unpack)"

7. Select mp_yourfile.zlib, check "Decompress" and click start

8. Open mp_yourfile (without extionsion, Simplyzip created that file in the folder of the input file) with HxD

9. start digging xD
anyone know anything about quickbms and iw .ff file's plz pm me xD i have one to ask Smile
hey. What do i open the mp_yourfile with? (The one with no extension) Notepad crashes and so does wordpad when i try.
Good job bro.
(06-23-2011, 13:56)TheOrangeWombat Wrote: [ -> ]hey. What do i open the mp_yourfile with? (The one with no extension) Notepad crashes and so does wordpad when i try.

Code:
8. Open mp_yourfile (without extionsion, Simplyzip created that file in the folder of the input file) with HxD
so HxD Big Grin
Looks awesome, Gonna try it Smile
This is a method he copied from cod4.. it doesn't work in black ops
(07-01-2011, 05:31)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]This is a method he copied from cod4.. it doesn't work in black ops
lol are you sure?

or have you just not been able to pull it off ?

because i can 100% PROVE it work's , really to just say it doesn't work for blackops is abit silly , dont just ride things i say off , ive use this this a few time's , it work's i use it the other day to get a white list out of a ff compiled with modtools and manny other time's for blackops ff's , ive never touched cod4 ff's or any other game i started modding 4-5 months ago and that was on blops no other game this method works ,please show me other wise !
rotceh_dnih is right
This may work for .cfg files or something. But certainly not gamescript/clientscript files
Pages: 1 2