ItsMods

Full Version: Google OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

What do you think about it?
its called cloud computing and isnt new at all, stupid google
a computer with only web, hmm

then why would you need all that extra space?
First versions of this are available publicly and precompiled for 2 years or more.

Not really new.

Also, it does/did start up in 2-5 seconds without SSD's but with regular cheap-ass 5400rpm laptop HDD's but Google stopped promoting it since nobody wanted it and instead they just rebranded Chrome to be the browser and added OS to the actual old Chrome.
OK, they rethought the entire idea of Chrome OS and are now not offering it for free anymore but sell it with prebuilt hardware and claim they are 70% cheaper than normal laptops.

Seen the prices: EUR 480 is not 70% cheaper. That is just a bit more expensive than a semi-decent HP laptop which has more than a browser and 3 ways to connect to the webs (cable, WiFi, 3G).
I installed this a year ago... was fcking unstable. Couldn't even move my mouse with 2+ fps lol.
pc specs back then:
hd4870 512mb
e5800 @ 3,16ghz
4gb ram

so that should be plenty, maybe i'll give it a second try soon
(05-11-2011, 21:03)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]I installed this a year ago... was fcking unstable. Couldn't even move my mouse with 2+ fps lol.
pc specs back then:
hd4870 512mb
e5800 @ 3,16ghz
4gb ram

so that should be plenty, maybe i'll give it a second try soon

Try it (since I am lazy).