ItsMods

Full Version: [Delete] Properly switching teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please delete this thread, I opened a new one with a better description of the problem.
You should use OnPlayerKilled or OnNormalDeath for stuff like team-switching.
This is how I.W. did it for Infected.

[Image: 24d.png]
(11-07-2013, 21:26)DidUknowiPwn Wrote: [ -> ]You should use OnPlayerKilled or OnNormalDeath for stuff like team-switching.
This is how I.W. did it for Infected.

[Image: 24d.png]

*shows his "epic" gsc editor instead of copying code here*

Try
*player* [[level.axis]](); ( or level.allies )
Thanks for the quick reaction DidUknowiPwn and SailorMoon, this website rocks!
Tongue

DidUknowiPwn: Why not use the onNormalDeath function? It contains everything I need. (victim, attacker, lifeId)
SailorMoon: I can do
Code:
victim [[level.axis]]();
then right?

But it didn't work, other players still show up as if you are in the other team...

Extra: The HUD of the player himself doesn't update either, at the left corner of the screen the 'old' team still shows up.
I found this piece of code in the hud file:
Code:
level.hud["allies"] = spawnstruct();
Could that be the hud of the player? So if I change that from "allies" to "axis" would that at least update their own HUD?
I was using just 'player [[level.<team>]]();' and it was fine.
(11-08-2013, 11:13)SailorMoon Wrote: [ -> ]I was using just 'player [[level.<team>]]();' and it was fine.

Are you using the original version of MW2?
(11-08-2013, 15:33)TemeraireTeamp Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2013, 11:13)SailorMoon Wrote: [ -> ]I was using just 'player [[level.<team>]]();' and it was fine.

Are you using the original version of MW2?

Are you using iw4m, which is not allowed to discuss here? (
Also there are no difference, I was using steam one, aiw, etc..
It would be the same on steam version than on 4d1/aiw/... Smile
Thanks for all the replies people! Big Grin
But the switching still doesn't really work... I have been testing, testing and testing but still no luck.

I have updated the main post I started this thread with and added the mod/code (attachment) I use for testing, so you guys and girls can test it out yourselves.
(11-13-2013, 17:12)TemeraireTeamp Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the replies people! Big Grin
But the switching still doesn't really work... I have been testing, testing and testing but still no luck.

I have updated the main post I started this thread with and added the mod/code (attachment) I use for testing, so you guys and girls can test it out yourselves.

That's so strange. Are you using custom gametype?
Pages: 1 2