Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bug or what...
I dont know if this is a bug, or maybe server related. Ive been hosting RTD for my clan the last couple days, and the other day i decided to run one map for a very long time. I had the score limit up to 150,000 and time to 30 mins. I say about 15-20 mins in, we started to have issues. First all the explosions disapeared. There was no explosion sounds or explosion effect, be it from grenades, rpg, reaper. Also the death text was gone as well. The one that says player1 killed player2 with grenade. All you saw was what everyone was rolling, but couldnt see what or who killed you in the text anymore. At that point the server emptied and i had to shut it down and completely restart it for it to work. So i dont know if this is mod related or server related bug. If i can recreate it, i will try to make a video of it and post it here.

if it happened one time yet then it sounds like a bug

It happens when someone spams the Paintball roll. The limit of FXs get used up.
You can fix it with a /fast_restart, but I fixed it in v2 as well.

Also, seeing as there are 100 rolls in RTD v1, and my filter prevents you from getting the same roll twice, a person dieing/rolling 100 times will no longer receive rolls.
In the V2 there is an option to turn the filter off, but I will work on getting a person's filter reset when he reaches 100 rolls, just for the convenience.
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment