Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News Secret Call Of Duty was canceled by Activision in 2007
(02-24-2012, 16:16)Pozzuh Wrote: @JariZ because everyone wants fast paced shooters now and that's not going to happen with ww2. (Because bold action

WW2 is far more interesting than modern shit, soon they will run out of armies and they will need to invent quite more.

there are a lot of games about WW2 Confused
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click

I really hope so, sick of all these modern shooters

(02-24-2012, 17:07)JariZ Wrote: I really hope so, sick of all these modern shooters

I'm not, I'm just sick of seeing the SAME GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Even battlefield has kept the same style, (vehicles, open maps, etc), the difference with Dice and IW is just that Dice listens to the fans (somehow) and keeps updating their engine(s) to the better.
COD developers however, just makes new maps. Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that Treyarch added dolphin dive.
(Inb4 nerd rage that cod developers have actually added more to their engine)

No FPS game company has thought of making something totally new, since it's too risky, I guess.
So that rarely happens. And when it does, voila; a new game genre (or just a new modern style of the genre) has been born, now every game company have to copy them in order to remain their place on the market.

(02-24-2012, 17:54)Rendflex Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 17:07)JariZ Wrote: I really hope so, sick of all these modern shooters

Even battlefield has kept the same style, (vehicles, open maps, etc), the difference with Dice and IW is just that Dice listens to the fans (somehow) and keeps updating their engine(s) to the better.
COD developers however, just makes new maps. Oh sorry, I forgot to mention that Treyarch added dolphin dive.

No FPS game company has thought of making something totally new, since it's too risky, I guess.
So that rarely happens. And when it does, voila; a new game genre (or just a new modern style of the genre) has been born, now every game company have to copy them in order to remain their place on the market.

I havent seen yet a WWI FPS game, :S , only mods about it.

(02-24-2012, 18:02)Yamato Wrote:

._.
How is that relevant

(02-24-2012, 18:14)Rendflex Wrote:

._.
How is that relevant

Its a new FPS style they could try. WW1. But kids say: weapons are bolt action, when I shot 1 bullet I need to reload, I miss and they kill me, this game sucks.

(02-24-2012, 18:27)Yamato Wrote:

._.
How is that relevant

Its a new FPS style they could try. WW1. But kids say: weapons are bolt action, when I shot 1 bullet I need to reload, I miss and they kill me, this game sucks.

Just kidding! Actually, yea it's pretty old news, however, on the bright side it has
shown to be quite the conversation piece. Anyway, I agree with pretty much every
thing everyone has said, the most being that you can't take a game like COD and
scale it back to ww2 now, I mean, they pushed it going where they did with black
ops (R.I.P.), but to go from something like MW3 or MW2 back to WWII is just going
to drop sales, quick.

Largely in part of what was said before this post. MW2, MW3 are fast paced games
where you can spray and it's more arcade style. The slower paced (skill required)
games are where most of the sales *are not*. And as money hungry as they seem
to be coming, I can't see them making that move, or doing anything different than
they did with MW3/MW2. Even BLOPS was the same, to some extent, but I like
BLOPS a whole hell of a lot more than MW2 or 3.

crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

(02-24-2012, 21:26)crAyon Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 18:27)Yamato Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 17:54)Rendflex Wrote: I'm not, I'm just sick of seeing the SAME GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

._.
How is that relevant

Just kidding! Actually, yea it's pretty old news, however, on the bright side it has
shown to be quite the conversation piece. Anyway, I agree with pretty much every
thing everyone has said, the most being that you can't take a game like COD and
scale it back to ww2 now, I mean, they pushed it going where they did with black
ops (R.I.P.), but to go from something like MW3 or MW2 back to WWII is just going
to drop sales, quick.

Largely in part of what was said before this post. MW2, MW3 are fast paced games
where you can spray and it's more arcade style. The slower paced (skill required)
games are where most of the sales *are not*. And as money hungry as they seem
to be coming, I can't see them making that move, or doing anything different than
they did with MW3/MW2. Even BLOPS was the same, to some extent, but I like
BLOPS a whole hell of a lot more than MW2 or 3.

The only part I liked about blops is that they released a uncomplete modtools and the sp ww2 missions.

This thread has been moved to the boards archive.
Contact a moderator in case you want to contribute to this thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Call of Duty loser calls in SWAT team hoax on kid who beat him RaZ 3 3,814 04-24-2014, 19:31
Last Post: Casper
  [News] Call of Duty: Ghosts Pozzuh 59 39,080 11-05-2013, 16:05
Last Post: RaZ
  Call of Duty MW3 Help tugay12 4 5,110 08-21-2013, 00:31
Last Post: hillbilly
  A question about the Call of Duty Black Ops king_dom 1 3,429 07-08-2013, 05:26
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [News] Call Of Duty: Ghosts - New Engine Video Tomsen1410 7 5,143 06-10-2013, 20:24
Last Post: Pozzuh
  Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare topic? Erik The Born 1 3,305 06-07-2013, 17:41
  [News] Call of Duty: Online Stream DidUknowiPwn 10 7,386 05-26-2013, 11:54
Last Post: Yamato
  [Release] Export models from Call Of Duty : Black Ops JariZ 26 32,558 05-16-2013, 17:20
Last Post: mosayebg
Wink [News] Call of Duty Online (CN) Enters BravoTest (client is avaliable for download kjkszpj 17 10,256 05-06-2013, 02:18
Last Post: logitechnoob
  [News] Call of Duty: Ghosts DidUknowiPwn 19 9,499 05-02-2013, 06:50