• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help can't download mod tools
hi.
I have a russion cd-key and I had bo installed with english zone and main files soo I can play in english
when I hear mod tools are out I tryed to install them..
the download began from 68% ok I thought cuz its counted as part of the game soo mp is 34% sp 34% or what ever

and it got around 74% when it paused it self but when I press right mouse button I still had the option to pause it not resume it
I press pause and resume and steam crashed... loged in after 5 seconds, crash... again and again and again than I made it to tools and paused the download and it stoped crashing... tryed to resume again and again crashes.. than I uninstalled bo
and steam tryed to download mod tools without having the game first.. I found out it was downlaoding the game firsrt cuz it needs games files ok

it got around.. 15% when crash again.... and again and again.. (only if I try to download the tools) than I puted the game on download (not the tools) and I dunno what to do.. I want them soo bad but just can't download Sad
can someone tell me how to fix it OR upload all the files that mod tools use Big Grin pls?
really wana use them..

sory if its in the wrong section
mod tools contains almost 3 gb of files, so dont count that somebody uploads it Tongue
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]
i had a similar problem with my russian key, on release day i tried to download the tools for hours but it always crashed or it told me that steam cant handle my request while all people from my flist were downloading them. i even tested all kind of downloadregions, nothing helped.

Fix:
Get a vpn (even a free one should work), but it must be a US vpn, then connect via vpn to the steam network and start the mod tools installation.

thats how it worked for me, srsly i am not trolling around this time.
(07-01-2011, 15:13)d0h! Wrote: i had a similar problem with my russian key, on release day i tried to download the tools for hours but it always crashed or it told me that steam cant handle my request while all people from my flist were downloading them. i even tested all kind of downloadregions, nothing helped.

Fix:
Get a vpn (even a free one should work), but it must be a US vpn, then connect via vpn to the steam network and start the mod tools installation.

thats how it worked for me, srsly i am not trolling around this time.

thx.. but eh.... I dunno how to do that xD can u like pls explain or gimme a link? and pls don't give me a google link cuz I tryed and I dunno what to do xD
pmed you some infos
(07-01-2011, 18:12)d0h! Wrote: pmed you some infos

still doesn't work... it again downloads some parts (it downloaded like 10 and more new folders into bo directory) but its not at 100% and when I press on it steam crashes.... wtf... it freezes and than it gets that white thing over it and I can press close program troubleshoting and stuf.. ya know...
than I need to pause it to not to crash...
resume = imediatly crash... and than crash 2-3 times before I make it to tools and pause it :/

just weird
ya same here but im all us but ive been downloading for 5 days straigt and im only at 94 percent its been at 94 past 2 days and it rocketed to 71 in beginning and then in 6 hours it went to 72 then in a day it went to 83 then in another day ti went to 90 and then it shot up to 94 in about 4 hours and its stayed there at 94 and it has paused its self a few times
Doh can u pm how to get a free vpn?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Discussion] Purchasing mod tools Rendflex 22 10,971 11-10-2013, 02:58
Last Post: Pozzuh
  [Request] Request for Assistance with Modding COD: BO using Mod Tools one1lion 9 6,066 09-17-2013, 21:04
Last Post: one1lion
  [Request] download link server exe for addon lander 2 2,740 08-01-2013, 19:57
Last Post: lander
  download mw3 dedicated server clacki 1 4,231 07-21-2013, 15:51
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn
  [Tutorial] How to import Weapons from SP to MP in Black Ops using Mod Tools d0h! 114 71,075 05-21-2013, 16:33
Last Post: ZURA.
Wink [News] Call of Duty Online (CN) Enters BravoTest (client is avaliable for download kjkszpj 17 10,038 05-06-2013, 02:18
Last Post: logitechnoob
Exclamation Cant use COD Tools in maya 2013! Erik The Born 1 2,723 05-01-2013, 10:57
Last Post: Nekochan
  download d3d9.dll odok 1 6,365 04-28-2013, 11:10
Last Post: hillbilly
Bug Mod Tools not longer available? Le_NeedWeed_11 2 2,424 03-28-2013, 19:43
Last Post: Pozzuh
  Compiling BSP with mod tools linker_pc Erik The Born 4 3,811 01-28-2013, 14:59
Last Post: tadej