• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help Changes to this forum
@SuperNovaAO, where's @surtek? He's offline for a long time.
What about to get new moderators? ( Let's make a vote again or whatever? ).

Edit: lol, is he even a moderator now?

(05-15-2014, 18:58)Rendflex Wrote: Sooo, for main categories:
  • News (subcategories could be politics, entertainment, and so on)
  • Technology (this could fit in news too)
  • Movie/TV (Main subcategories would be movie and tv, and then extra categories inside them could be added if needed)
  • Programming/Development (Subcategories could be game development, web development, programming languages)

Music should be left out IMO, as it will probably end up with either
a) people complaining about other people's music taste
b) one main music taste that is worshipped as the best music taste ever

Edit: Another idea came to my mind, but this could get messy if not done correctly. How about weekly/monthly stats, like most viewed thread, most replied thread, most thanked post, etc? Something like what Reddit has.

It'sPolitics.
It'sFilms.
It'sProgramming.
It'sHiTech.
It'sMusic

It'sHaters.
C++/Obj-C developer. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Nekochan for this post:
  • DidUknowiPwn
  • Movie/TV (Main subcategories would be movie and tv, and then extra categories inside them could be added if needed)
  • Programming/Development (Subcategories could be game development, web development, programming languages)

Music should be left out IMO, as it will probably end up with either
a) people complaining about other people's music taste
b) one main music taste that is worshipped as the best music taste ever

Edit: Another idea came to my mind, but this could get messy if not done correctly. How about weekly/monthly stats, like most viewed thread, most replied thread, most thanked post, etc? Something like what Reddit has.

I don't quite agree that new sections, apart from programming, should be introduced, yet. Itsmods doesn't have such, so to say, huge audience to fill those sections up with decent contet. I propose making Tech section, mainly for IT and programming.

I would also (re)move Battlefield section to "Other games" as there are like 3 open threads from which one is active and I don't expect much interest in Bf until new one is released, but not even then.

GFX and Music could be merged under 'Art' section which I would include into new "General" category, along with the 'Spam / Rage / Flame / Talk' which should also be merged under 'Fun' section. General category needs General section that serves like 'News & Polls' (yes I am saying that one should be wacked too) and also makes place for threads of various interests. 'Chat' section should be archived, no point in having it if you don't use it.
(05-15-2014, 19:26)SailorMoon Wrote: @SuperNovaAO, where's @surtek? He's offline for a long time.
What about to get new moderators? ( Let's make a vote again or whatever? ).

Edit: lol, is he even a moderator now?

As I know:
He is out to programming and work.
I think since there are no too many new posts the site doesn't need yet.

No, he got removed from the mod group.

I will talk to him tomorrow to take a look there if he will be on Steam.
(05-15-2014, 20:38)House Wrote: GFX and Music could be merged under 'Art' section which I would include into new "General" category, along with the 'Spam / Rage / Flame / Talk' which should also be merged under 'Fun' section. General category needs General section that serves like 'News & Polls' (yes I am saying that one should be wacked too) and also makes place for threads of various interests. 'Chat' section should be archived, no point in having it if you don't use it.

+1
(05-15-2014, 20:38)House Wrote:

I don't quite agree that new sections, apart from programming, should be introduced, yet. Itsmods doesn't have such, so to say, huge audience to fill those sections up with decent contet. I propose making Tech section, mainly for IT and programming.

Thing is, as I said before, most of us discuss such things outside of the forum or in the shoutbox. Creating these sections would bring everyone together - that's the difference between real-time chat and forums. And indeed, we might not have an active community right now, but this could improve the quality of this forum as well as making it more active. Just because they won't be filled at once doesn't mean they won't get later on. After all, more people will join if there's a point to this forum.
I'm not sure if what is suggested here will really work out. The biggest problem is that this forum is known for Call of Duty modding. When someone comes here it will be immediately be apparent that this is about CoD, and lets face it, CoD is mostly a joke nowadays. The only way to get new members as I see it, is to start supporting completely different games. The problem with this is that the existing active members might not even like these games, and we need members who start contributing to this new stuff immediately so people actually have incentive to come to this site.
[Image: MaEIQ.png]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Pozzuh for this post:
  • Casper
(05-16-2014, 13:52)Pozzuh Wrote: The biggest problem is that this forum is known for Call of Duty modding.
Agreed
(05-16-2014, 13:52)Pozzuh Wrote: The problem with this is that the existing active members might not even like these games, and we need members who start contributing to this new stuff immediately so people actually have incentive to come to this site.
(05-16-2014, 13:52)Pozzuh Wrote: get new members...
...that like those games.

Also I have time again nowadays, but I agree that this is probably too much work to do on my own.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to SuperNovaAO for this post:
  • barata, Casper, Nekochan
Good Luck!
C++/Obj-C developer. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
Add a setting what will disallow new users to use the Shout box under 3 posts.

Quote:>god plugin
>mw3
>blackops 2
>imanoobandithinkthisisthesearchbaryeese

etc.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to RaZ for this post:
  • Casper, DidUknowiPwn
How about the new Unreal Engine?
Idea

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Forum updated to MyBB 1.8 SuperNovaAO 7 4,424 07-15-2016, 20:31