• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help Changes to this forum
Dear ItsMods.com members,

I finally have some time to spare to put into this forum.
So if you have anything you would like to see changed, please tell me/us in this thread.

Regards,
SuperNovaAO

Changes so far:
  • Grouped CoD games into one category
  • Cleaned up unused subforums
  • Removed gamesection
  • Implemented the HTML5 YouTube player for embedded videos (which now also triggers on https)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to SuperNovaAO for this post:
  • Dude, kevenmaster858, Rendflex, Tomsen1410
Introduce new refreshing design with bit of old taste which will make forum apear livelish again but will not alienate old members? Like one below Big Grin

[Image: Zxy9PH8.png]
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to House for this post:
  • barata, Casper, DidUknowiPwn, Dude, kevenmaster858, Nekochan
Needs more swag.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]
Nice to see that you still there and care about the site while mainly it lost it's old quality.

I think we would be happy for some new smileys Nyan Cat
Also for a community event like a big "Play with ItsMods" party. For example a CS GO party or a BF4 party, but yes we need a server first Smile
(I wanted to say COD party, but it can't be too good...)
Also you can sell entrys for this event Troll (to make it profitable xDD, jk)
(05-15-2014, 08:58)TheRaZ Wrote: For example a CS GO party or a BF4 party, but yes we need a server first Smile

A Source Engine server with 16+ slots is no problem I think.

Also I think the only way to get that to be used is to create a stockserver (with maybe some perfect custom maps) with decent monitoring against cheaters/baddies and nothing like surf/zombie/dm but I am open to suggestions.

Or something related to modding: a mod of the week (unfortunately I can only promise Source Engine) that rotates (bi-)weekly which mod it is running.
(05-15-2014, 10:07)SuperNovaAO Wrote: Or something related to modding: a mod of the week

Something like this could be cool... Users vote each month for a mod of the year, which is then displayed somewhere on the front page.
(05-15-2014, 10:41)Rendflex Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 10:07)SuperNovaAO Wrote: Or something related to modding: a mod of the week

Something like this could be cool... Users vote each month for a mod of the year, which is then displayed somewhere on the front page.

I hope month, otherwise it's going to be boring Troll
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to SuperNovaAO for this post:
  • barata, Nekochan, OrangePL, Rendflex
(05-15-2014, 10:57)SuperNovaAO Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 10:41)Rendflex Wrote:

I hope month, otherwise it's going to be boring Troll

Hah yeah, I meant to say month! I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote that :p

Have to say that I'm glad that you're back! I agree that a new design would be cool, but if you decide to include a new one, let us have a peek first. Perhaps we could get @JariZ back. He's been working with design afaik, and it would be great to have one more old user back here.

Another suggestion would be to introduce some new topics to the forum, such as news/politics, science, game development, programming, etc. Not too many sections though, that would result in a segregated community. Most of us itsmods members discuss such things outside of the forum or in the shoutbox. Having sections would allow more people to join these discussions, and thus this forum would appear less dead, and perhaps even grow. If you only knew how many times I, or someone else, had to post in the spam section because there wasn't a better place to post...

A new moderator is needed, but since the community is rather dead now, I don't think we can find a suitable person for that job right now. When and if this forum successfully resurrects from the dead, trustable users should anonymously vote for a new moderator, whereafter you have the final say.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rendflex for this post:
  • kevenmaster858

The categories visitors are interested in.
Reaching from 9% for 1 and 2 to 7-3 for the rest.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to SuperNovaAO for this post:
  • barata, Casper, Rendflex
Sooo, for main categories:
  • News (subcategories could be politics, entertainment, and so on)
  • Technology (this could fit in news too)
  • Movie/TV (Main subcategories would be movie and tv, and then extra categories inside them could be added if needed)
  • Programming/Development (Subcategories could be game development, web development, programming languages)

Music should be left out IMO, as it will probably end up with either
a) people complaining about other people's music taste
b) one main music taste that is worshipped as the best music taste ever

Edit: Another idea came to my mind, but this could get messy if not done correctly. How about weekly/monthly stats, like most viewed thread, most replied thread, most thanked post, etc? Something like what Reddit has.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rendflex for this post:
  • Nekochan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Forum updated to MyBB 1.8 SuperNovaAO 7 4,267 07-15-2016, 20:31
Last Post: Cgallagher
  [News] Forum now on HTTPS SuperNovaAO 8 3,230 12-30-2014, 01:56
Last Post: Pozzuh
  Forum upgraded to MyBB 1.6.13 SuperNovaAO 65 23,687 03-24-2014, 10:54
Last Post: Dude
  Forum Rules SuperNovaAO 2 3,136 07-28-2011, 14:18
Last Post: SuperNovaAO