ItsMods

Full Version: Experienced modder wanted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, the kid that was building my mod for me has chosen to quit for some unknown reason. Atleast to me. Any how, I have that mod, he refuses to release the source files to me for future changes with out paying some some crazy price. I am attempting a legal maneuver to force the release. Any how. . . . I am also having the mod decompiled but the weapon files are missing as of yet. . . .

What I need is an experienced Black Ops modder to build a new mod.

I pay well, probably the best from those I have spoken to about the mod based on their experiences in building mods. YOU MUST have the time to put into this. If you add me on steam, (Gen-Imchasinyou) message me, we can speak further about this and what Im willing to pay.
Did you pay him to build it?
Is this thread a joke? You are threatening someone who built you a custom mod for free with a lawsuit, for source code that is his intellectual property? And I do say free because this whole system here is done on a donation basis. Said coder provides you with a custom mod, you send money as a simple thank you, if you want. It is not mandatory or required for the files you receive. What person in their right mind would work with someone like you if this is how you are reacting to your previous modder. I pity the person who is willing to work with you after this. And if you think this community does not speak amongst each other you would be wrong. I am sure they all know how you treated the previous modder which made him leave you, I imagine it was terrible.

And judging by how you responded to everyone in this linked thread speaks to your character.

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Modder-wanted.html
This guy will belittle and badger anyone that works with him. I wouldn't recommend it.

Might want to check his messages out here to see how he treats others:
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Modder-wanted.html

He also tends to have issues with things he can't understand and will blame the creators and users of it when that time comes. Tread with caution. He badgers me (I created and maintain an RCON tool for CoD), because a community that he has issues with uses my software. He thinks he knows everything, just let him build it himself.
DidUknowiPwn, See, Oddly, I have paid him for the work he has done. Business is business.

Fermions, your imagination has gotten the best of you. . . . He was given the freedom to make his own time line, set when and what was released, he was paid quite well and promptly after ensuring there were no bugs in the files that effected the mod. we spoke about what he would be paid prior to starting about each update or release, he accepted.
Never at any time did he express ant discomfort or displeasure with the amount of money or my questions to him.
Never at any time was he talked down to, belittled or "abused". Why would I do that to some one working for me?

Paronity, you offered to look at the rcon tool to see if it could be fixed to work on modded servers, I asked you in steam message if you planned to still do this and offered money to you to do so. I also offered up my servers for testing. AND you continue to converse with me regarding several topics. . . .
I only contact you to see if anything new has come up IE: Referenced from steam chat
Never tell your password to anyone.
Monday, August 05, 2013
Paronity: yea - i habve that server access
Paronity: i just have been too busy to focus on it due to real qwork
Paronity: hopefully in the coming week i will have time to look at it
Gen-Imchasinyou: that would be awesome. . . . .
Gen-Imchasinyou: if you nee access to my server for this, pls let me know. . . .

And here is the thread where another person and myself have asked for help on this, http://gsngaming.com/topic/7247-commands...ed-server/
(08-12-2013, 12:12)imchasinyou Wrote: [ -> ]he was paid quite well

Sorry, I happen to know how much you were offering him to get the source and I have to say, I wouldn't have accepted that offer as well... (and the amount he was asking was probably much more realistic).

But I personally do not care what you agree on with other people in your private time and I won't judge you because I only know part of the story and maybe it's incomplete.
(08-12-2013, 12:12)imchasinyou Wrote: [ -> ]Fermions, your imagination has gotten the best of you. . . . He was given the freedom to make his own time line, set when and what was released, he was paid quite well and promptly after ensuring there were no bugs in the files that effected the mod. we spoke about what he would be paid prior to starting about each update or release, he accepted.
Never at any time did he express ant discomfort or displeasure with the amount of money or my questions to him.
Never at any time was he talked down to, belittled or "abused". Why would I do that to some one working for me?

I have had him do some mod work for me a long time ago, and knew someone else who had him do mod work. He is very professional, kind and understanding. He never "required" money for his work, just asked for a donation if it could be afforded. Just because you presented a scripted development schedule with payment terms had little to do with him, that was your choice to offer scheduled donations.

And I find it hard to believe you never belittled or abused him judging by how you treat everyone else who tried to help you on this forum. You seem rude, abrasive and in no way understanding.
(08-12-2013, 15:56)Fermions Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2013, 12:12)imchasinyou Wrote: [ -> ]Fermions, your imagination has gotten the best of you. . . . He was given the freedom to make his own time line, set when and what was released, he was paid quite well and promptly after ensuring there were no bugs in the files that effected the mod. we spoke about what he would be paid prior to starting about each update or release, he accepted.

I have had him do some mod work for me a long time ago, and knew someone else who had him do mod work. He is very professional, kind and understanding. He never "required" money for his work, just asked for a donation if it could be afforded. Just because you presented a scripted development schedule with payment terms had little to do with him, that was your choice to offer scheduled donations.

And I find it hard to believe you never belittled or abused him judging by how you treat everyone else who tried to help you on this forum. You seem rude, abrasive and in no way understanding.
Come on fermions, you personally have had dealings with me and you know im not who you guys want to make me out to be. I have a take no prisoners style of attitude towards life. I know every mod he has built, I have played several, including yours. I was quite excited when i spoke with him the first time about doing my mod. I never mentioned making donations. I clearly stated he was working on my mod for payment. Not donations. In no way are they the same thing. Just because I used his donation link on this site, does not negate the payments for work being made.

Maybe im barking at the wrong tree here but according to my research and information gathered from others both from this site and elsewhere, the source files are the reason the mod is what it is. Basically the mod can NOT be created with out the source files. So in the relative sense, the source files are the property of the mod owner. I am that mods owner.
Maybe I feel a little cheated as I have paid for that mod to be created and now I can not do anything further until i am able to either obtain the source files at a reasonable cost to myself or have them opened by my software engineer that has them currently. I am quite proud of the work that was done, and wish to continue.

Ill leave this topic to die knowing im not very liked around here. Thats fine, i dont live my life to make internet friends, i was simply looking to pay some one else to do the work for me.

I bid you all a good day.
Is it about @AZUMIKKEL? Wink