ItsMods

Full Version: Basic GSC Coding: Making your second code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

This is the second tutorial about making your first codes. In this one Ill show you how to make a code that shows your position ( can be used to make map edits ) and also something that makes you jump when you go into water.

Lets call our first function CoordinateFinder():

Code:
CoordinateFinder()
{
//codes will go here
}

Now well add a "while" command to keep the game showing your position, and then well add a command which will print our origin:

Code:
CoordinateFinder()
{
    while( 1 )
    {
        self iPrintLnBold( self getOrigin() ); //iPrintLnBold prints a text on the center of your screen, getorigin gets your origin
        wait 2; //frequency (each 2 seconds it will say your position
    }
}

Lets improove a bit the code so when we die or disconnect the "while" stops to prevent bugs:

Code:
CoordinateFinder()
{
    self endon( "death" ); //endon(something) makes that the game will stop that function when that event(something) occurs
    self endon( "disconnect" );
    while( 1 )
    {
        self iPrintLnBold( self getOrigin() ); //iPrintLnBold prints a text on the center of your screen, getorigin gets your origin
    }
}

Lets make the other script.

Code:
JumpInWater()
{
    self endon( "death" );
    self.trace = undefined; //lets add this variable to avoid a unitialized variable error later.
    for( ; ; ) //we can also use a "for" instead of a "while"
    {
        self.trace = bulletTrace( self getEye(), self getOrigin() - ( 0, 0, 60 ), false, self ); //geteye gives the position of your players eye, the - 0, 0, 60 means that I reduce in 60 units the players position in z axis, the rest: check bullettrace tutorial
        if( self.trace[ "surfacetype" ] == "water" ) //explained in bullettrace tutorial
            self setVelocity( ( 0, 0, 600 ) ); //setvelocity pushes a player with the vector we define
        wait 0.5;        
    }
}

So, in total we have this 2 functions:

Code:
CoordinateFinder()
{
    self endon( "death" ); //endon(something) makes that the game will stop that function when that event(something) occurs
    while( 1 )
    {
    }
}

JumpInWater()
{
    self endon( "death" );
    self.trace = undefined; //lets add this variable to avoid a unitialized variable error later.
    for( ; ; ) //we can also use a "for" instead of a "while"
    {
        self.trace = bulletTrace( self getEye(), self getOrigin() - ( 0, 0, 60 ), false, self ); //geteye gives the position of your players eye, the - 0, 0, 60 means that I reduce in 60 units the players position in z axis, the rest: check bullettrace tutorial
        if( self.trace[ "surfacetype" ] == "water" ) //explained in bullettrace tutorial
            self setVelocity( ( 0, 0, 600 ) ); //setvelocity pushes a player with the vector we define
        wait 0.5;        
    }
}

To execute them simply add this after the player spawn as I did on the previous tutorial:

Code:
self thread CoordinateFinder();
self thread JumpInWater();

I hope you have learnt something new, the next tutorial will be a bit more advanced (in lenght)

@Yamato
Awesome very usefull ,)
wow ty dude i learning alot of them
Dude , i dont know what this do and how they know the geometruy of each funct , see :

Example:
toggle()
{
self endon("death");
vec = anglestoforward(self getPlayerAngles());
center = BulletTrace( self gettagorigin("tag_eye"), self gettagorigin("tag_eye")+(vec[0] * 200000, vec[1] * 200000, vec[2] * 200000), 0, self)[ "position" ]; //wtf that means and how i can know the bullettrace that im looking for...
level.center = spawn("script_origin", center);
level.lift = [];
h=0;k=0;
origin = level.center.origin;
for(i=0;i<404;i++)
{
if(i<=100)
level.lift[k] = spawn("script_model", origin+(-42,42,h)); //how i can make an object spawn in front of me without laggin me out?
else if(i<=201 && i>100)
level.lift[k] = spawn("script_model", origin+(42,42,h-2777.5*2));
else if(i<=302 && i>201)
level.lift[k] = spawn("script_model", origin+(-42,-42,h-5555*2));
else if(i<=404 && i>301)
level.lift[k] = spawn("script_model", origin+(42,-42,h-8332.5*2));
level.lift[i].angles = (90,90,0);
h+=55;
k++;
}
What?
l2[ code ]
sorry dudes , i was saying :
how i can make a care package shot something?
how i can make that when the care package shot 3 times the care package get delete?

Can someone help me plis?
(12-27-2012, 09:17)Bloodfocus Wrote: [ -> ]sorry dudes , i was saying :
how i can make a care package shot something?
how i can make that when the care package shot 3 times the care package get delete?

Can someone help me plis?

Make it shot a magicbullet from its position to the thing you want to shot
No se como se hace eso , no me lo podes hacer vos porfavos dude?
(12-27-2012, 21:33)Bloodfocus Wrote: [ -> ]No se como se hace eso , no me lo podes hacer vos porfavos dude?

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Tuto...mages.html