• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Load mods on unranked dedicateds
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but I'm going to post my way of doing it here, as it's a little odd but works.

How to install mods on dedicateds:
Read it all through!

Step 1
Obtain a mod.

Step 2
Extract the files to any folder. (We'll call this folder your /PXRN/ folder, just for laughs.)
The mod should likely consist of an archive with a folder named mp_ModName. (If so, skip to step 3).
If not, there should be either loose .iwd/.ff/.gsc files or a /maps/ folder. (Otherwise it's a crappy release, mildly said.)
Step 2.1
If there are loose .gsc files and/or a /maps/, /sounds/, or images folder, select them (ctrl+click) and follow the Developer Tutorial from step 2 to step 4.
Now make a folder and name it mp_ModName.

Step 3
Drag mp_ModName to your server FTP's root (main) folder.

Step 4
Navigate to your FTP's root (main) folder.
Make a folder called /players/
Inside that, make a folder called /mods/
Inside that, make a folder called /mp_ModName/ It is important that this is the exact same as the mod's folder.

Step 5
Inside /players/mods/mp_ModName/, put this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?nbu09tg42u1coue
No need to change it, it won't affect anything, as long as it's there.

Step 6
Log onto my.gameservers.com
Go into CONFIG
Choose 'commandline.txt' from the dropdown menu. Click 'Update'.
Mod: mp_ModName
Config File: config_mp

Click 'SAVE CHANGES'

Step 7
Go into INFO
You should see this:
Quote:Mod FTP: ftp://username:pass[at]bomods.gameservers.com [Re-Sync] [View Files]
Click Re-Sync and wait 3-5 minutes!

Step 8
Click 'Restart server'
Wait for it to come back up (approx. 30 seconds)

You can now play the mod and configure your server with the "Call of Duty Black Ops - Remote Console" tool on Steam

I encourage all mod developers who wants to release (or compile) their mods by following these simple steps: (WinRAR needed)
Developer tutorial:
1. Navigate to /mods/mp_modname/ and mark (ctrl+click) all the files you want players to download (sounds, textures, optional: gsc files (*2c) - do not include .ff files).
2. Right-click and choose 'Add to archive'.
3. Choose 'ZIP' as Archive Format.
4. Set the name as 'mp_anythinggoeshere.iwd' and click OK.
* 4c: If you want to keep your gsc files safe, name the file 'mp_svr_anythinghere'

For releases:
5. Compile the folder /common/call of duty black ops/mods/mp_modname/ into a .rar archive.

Take note: You don't need the modtools' Build Mod function for any of these, unless you are planning to implement SP/ZM items (or completely custom) for which you need Fast-File (.ff) but I won't go there as I understand nothing of that.
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment
It suprises me that there aren't any tutorials about this, also this look really easy to follow for noobs, thanks Big Grin
(07-01-2011, 04:48)jariz Wrote: It suprises me that there aren't any tutorials about this, also this look really easy to follow for noobs, thanks Big Grin

Made it mainly because I spent an hour trying to explain it to some guy, and I would likely need to explain it again in the future.
Thanks for the heads up on this AZUMIKKEL as I didn't even know where to start.
I think I have followed all the steps but when I join my server the mod doesn't seem to work. Huh
I can see some changes like the colours on explosions but no weapon change.
Is there anything else that I need to do to activate the mod???

Oh yeah it is the
mp_RollTheDiceV2U8B05 mod.Rolleyes
[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
(07-07-2011, 21:55)Sneeky Wrote: Thanks for the heads up on this AZUMIKKEL as I didn't even know where to start.
I think I have followed all the steps but when I join my server the mod doesn't seem to work. Huh

Oh yeah it is the

You joined a server with Roll the Dice v2. It downloaded the texture files to you. Not the gsc files = no mod for you.

*laughs and points* na na na na naa na

[/mature]
(07-09-2011, 03:52)AZUMIKKEL Wrote:
(07-07-2011, 21:55)Sneeky Wrote: Thanks for the heads up on this AZUMIKKEL as I didn't even know where to start.

Oh yeah it is the

You joined a server with Roll the Dice v2. It downloaded the texture files to you. Not the gsc files = no mod for you.

*laughs and points* na na na na naa na

[/mature]

yep really matuer
Azu is the most mature on this board, he's like 90 something Big Grin
(07-09-2011, 05:47)Bloopbloop Wrote: Azu is the most mature on this board, he's like 90 something Big Grin

u mean 91 one right
Ha Ha ...
DOOH !!!!
Yeah I figured that one out Tongue

I am running RTD v1 on my server now.
I have accepted you on Steam AZUMIKKEL ... let's talk Big Grin

Question: Can some of the options be edited to only have certain weapons/options like removing INCEPTION etc or are they ALL default?

Cheers,
Sneeky

[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
Giving this a bump as people can't figure out how to get their servers up.
Also, sticky?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] Loading Mods (With Mod Support 1.09) Gladio 49 69,761 08-15-2011, 09:51
Last Post: Epikkchikken1