• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a little help with audio.
So i got the .IWD's for the latest map pack with moon, and i'd really like to somehow get some of the sounds out of them.I can look through the .IWD's and find the sounds i think i want but when i extract them WMP cant play them. Im guessing this is because they are .wav's. Iv tried multiple converters but none have worked. Anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks HYDRO
[Image: NhnGP.png]
This should work, If it doesn't, your doing something wrong, Also it doesn't work with some WAV's ,
But most of them do

############################
edit

Why is the WAV file length 26 minutes?
That's because the header was designed for use on any Black Ops sound file. Like I said above, converting to MP3 or Vorbis will display the correct audio length.

Does this work on all Black Ops sound files?
No, any sound files with player dialog do not work since they use a different sound codec.

How do I use it?
Run the tool and drag and drop any sound files you would like to fix or convert. You can also drag folders and it will search recursively for valid files. Check 'Convert to MP3' if you want to. Also you can go into Tools > Options and change the audio bitrate or codec (MP3 or Vorbis). Then click 'Fix Header' and let the tool do the rest for you.

Where do I find the game's sound files?
Look inside the main folder inside your game's directory and from there you can browse inside the iwd files by using 7-Zip, WinRAR or Pakscape.

Credits:
master131
Unknown person - Finding a working header on the sound files
FFmpeg - Cause it is teh awesome

Attached Files
.rar   BlackOpsSoundTool.rar (Size: 4.03 MB / Downloads: 31)
Well sorry d0h, but master didn't release it here,
Else i'd be happy to redirect to a thread in here
well you know that you need to have a post count to be able to download on mpgh.
also master131 releases stuff here either, if he has a problem that i posted this release here then he knows that he can talk to me whenever he wants to.
(10-17-2011, 02:29)jariz Wrote: This should work, If it doesn't, your doing something wrong, Also it doesn't work with some WAV's ,
But most of them do

############################
edit

Why is the WAV file length 26 minutes?
That's because the header was designed for use on any Black Ops sound file. Like I said above, converting to MP3 or Vorbis will display the correct audio length.

Does this work on all Black Ops sound files?
No, any sound files with player dialog do not work since they use a different sound codec.

How do I use it?
Run the tool and drag and drop any sound files you would like to fix or convert. You can also drag folders and it will search recursively for valid files. Check 'Convert to MP3' if you want to. Also you can go into Tools > Options and change the audio bitrate or codec (MP3 or Vorbis). Then click 'Fix Header' and let the tool do the rest for you.

Where do I find the game's sound files?
Look inside the main folder inside your game's directory and from there you can browse inside the iwd files by using 7-Zip, WinRAR or Pakscape.

Credits:
master131
Unknown person - Finding a working header on the sound files
FFmpeg - Cause it is teh awesome

Thanks a million man. Been looking for something like this. So is there nothing out there to convert the dialog sound files too?
I've read this somewhere else... can't remember where...
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
hehehehe, forgot bout releasing here. :3
[Image: 30xhrep.png]

A casual conversation between barata and I about Nukem.
(10-18-2011, 06:02)master131 Wrote: hehehehe, forgot bout releasing here. :3

Haha master131 whatsup man. i tried digging around Alter for this cause i figured youd released something, but then again theyr pretty strict about what your aloud to upload. Thanks man

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink [Tutorial] Playing mp3,mid,etc... audio files on VB 2010! barata 2 17,450 05-07-2013, 08:03
Last Post: kmne68
  Help audio via rank.gsc 2 CheGuevara 2 2,575 04-02-2013, 09:15
Last Post: CheGuevara
  audio via rank.gsc CheGuevara 2 2,354 04-01-2013, 13:31
Last Post: CheGuevara