• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IWXM: The Revival
So people have been thinking about a IW3 reboot and I mean like that's not such a bad idea. Yes the game may be old but, it's hell of a lot better than every CoD to date. People want to see the game just completely redone with new textures and shit like that. But, why not go all out?

What I'm thinking of the IWXM (it's what I'm calling it for now) should include:
New Textures
New Weapons
New Maps
Engine be slightly upgraded (such as how NTA made IW4M use d3d9ex)
and general optimizations.

The weapons in CoD 4 were just absolutely fantastic but they have been in use for so long now that players might actually want to use Spas-12 from IW4 in IWXM. Who wouldn't? Most of the IW4 guns were pretty good and mixing some in IWXM (and properly balancing them) would be just fantastic.

No new killstreaks will be added, in my opinion the IW3 killstreak set up was just superb. We shouldn't mess with that OR we could add them in and do something like this.

IWXM: A merge of Call of Duty titles together to make the most jam-packed edition (much better than CoD:OL as that version is... just meh). Which will feature: maps, weapons, killstreaks, and perks! The whole shabang!

IWXM Old School: The original IW3 just redone, with new textures and updated graphics. With some other general optimizations to the game and re-balancing of weapons.
(Most likely using some dvars to change it from IWXM to IWXM Old School. So we can keep the client in 1 version.)

Just let me hear what you guys think about this idea.

Oh and of course with IWXM there will be tools that'll allow you to import things from other titles. Such as the original mod tools but there are others that's a secret :o
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]
This is a nice idea, but it needs much time to be ready for playing.
As I know NTA doesn't want to start new projects nowadays. (~he have enough from the community's idiots now blabla..)

I agree with you to keep the killstreaks, but I would like to see a Stinger/Javelin to get down the choppa' Big Grin (RPG is "unpredictable" [google-d that word, maybe it is wrong])
This could be a very nice project, a pitty that I dont have the time to be able to help with this. Add OMA
The only issues I see on adding the GSC's is how different MW2/MW3 scripting is than CoD 4.
Not to mention the dozens of Photoshop experts would be needed.
Good luck with new project. I hope it will be something really cool. That, what people would like more.
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
Good Luck with this project!!!
(08-07-2013, 17:06)DidUknowiPwn Wrote: The only issues I see on adding the GSC's is how different MW2/MW3 scripting is than CoD 4.
Not to mention the dozens of Photoshop experts would be needed.

MW2 and CoD4 scripting are more or less the same. What do you mean exactly?
[Image: MaEIQ.png]
I've tried making some CoD 4 mods using some MW2 functions that I made.
Something like a counter to players I would use something like foreach(player in level.players), foreach doesn't exist as far as I can tell in CoD 4.
(08-09-2013, 05:28)DidUknowiPwn Wrote: I've tried making some CoD 4 mods using some MW2 functions that I made.
Something like a counter to players I would use something like foreach(player in level.players), foreach doesn't exist as far as I can tell in CoD 4.

Never saw foreach, that function exists in MW2? It doesn't exist in BO2 afaik too.
(08-09-2013, 05:28)DidUknowiPwn Wrote: I've tried making some CoD 4 mods using some MW2 functions that I made.

for(int i = 0; i < level.players.size; i++)
Really not that hard...
[Image: MaEIQ.png]