Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General Help Thread
(02-12-2012, 19:19)yamraj Wrote: after the new update dedicated server using almost 50% of cpu usage...

Do you have SpecsFix=0 in sv_config.ini?
[Image: azuw.jpg]

I updated the addon on one of my private servers and it worked perfect. Promod even has the ATTACK/DEFENSE back.

I updated the addon on another one of my servers but now it wont boot.
* It is definitely installed properly
* It doesn't boot even with plugins removed
* There are no log files or dump generated
* When I delete the d3d9.dll it boots perfect w/o the addon
* I tried putting the older addon back on it, the one that was working but this wont boot now either (even though it was running this up to 40mins ago)

It's on a windows server.

Is there anything else I can try ?

(02-12-2012, 20:08)KrisiS Wrote: I updated the addon on one of my private servers and it worked perfect. Promod even has the ATTACK/DEFENSE back.

I updated the addon on another one of my servers but now it wont boot.
* It is definitely installed properly
* It doesn't boot even with plugins removed
* There are no log files or dump generated
* When I delete the d3d9.dll it boots perfect w/o the addon
* I tried putting the older addon back on it, the one that was working but this wont boot now either (even though it was running this up to 40mins ago)

It's on a windows server.

Is there anything else I can try ?
Does it work if you just use the addon without any plugins? Are you sure you are using the same d3d9.dll and addon.dll as on the other server?
[Image: azuw.jpg]

No, it wont work if I remove the plugins.
It's definitely the same .dll files. I will re-download now and just make sure.
With steam offline I cant check the in-game browser but I can see that no logs have been created so I guess it's still not booted correctly.

I guess I can try a re-install, but would prefer not to as it is not a great solution and no-one learns anything from it.

no one else has the problem of "CONNECTING..." all the time,

i tried everything and I can not fix

Dedicated server with Windows

Updater.exe fails to actually download anything... keeps telling me theres an update and I want it to dl it, but it wont.. is there anywhere I can get the most up to date .dll for addon and d3d9? Tried all the links posted here to see if maybe you updated the 'old' links with newer files.. but they're all the same; IE updater.exe still saying update available.

I'm pretty sure the problem I'm having right now with my server/game locking up is due to out-of-date .dll's.

(02-12-2012, 23:43)JustMFNATE Wrote: Updater.exe fails to actually download anything... keeps telling me theres an update and I want it to dl it, but it wont.. is there anywhere I can get the most up to date .dll for addon and d3d9? Tried all the links posted here to see if maybe you updated the 'old' links with newer files.. but they're all the same; IE updater.exe still saying update available.

I'm pretty sure the problem I'm having right now with my server/game locking up is due to out-of-date .dll's.

You can't run the updater directly due to search paths for files, just run the iw5mp_server.exe and make sure you have
Code:
[UPDATER]
Enable=1

In sv_config.ini
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

(02-12-2012, 23:51)Nukem Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 23:43)JustMFNATE Wrote: Updater.exe fails to actually download anything... keeps telling me theres an update and I want it to dl it, but it wont.. is there anywhere I can get the most up to date .dll for addon and d3d9? Tried all the links posted here to see if maybe you updated the 'old' links with newer files.. but they're all the same; IE updater.exe still saying update available.

You can't run the updater directly due to search paths for files, just run the iw5mp_server.exe and make sure you have
Code:
[UPDATER]
Enable=1

In sv_config.ini

will try this again, had it set to update, but it never did... is there a command I give it or does it automatically do it?? :confused:

Bug 
(02-12-2012, 19:39)Nukem Wrote: @yamraj
Not helpful at all, please read the main post.

@5niper
Fixed.

@kab

(02-12-2012, 19:29)mcs2006 Wrote: My Server dont Start. System is Debian Squezze with wine.

Code:
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR90.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\*******3\\server\\mw3_***\\load.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library load.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\*******3\\server\\mw3_***\\iw5mp_server.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\*******3\\server\\mw3_***\\iw5mp_server.exe" failed, status c0000135

You're missing the Visual Studio 2008 and/or 2010 redists, you need to download them.

Required:
  • .NET 3 (dotnet30)
    Visual Studio 2008 Redist (vcrun2008)
    Visual Studio 2010 Redist (for plugins) (vcrun2010)

@5niper...

Sorry Nukem, server won't start.
Looks like Add On file linked to download is from Feb 11th (older version).

Huh

Noob Question: But i freely admit i don't understand how this works from a technical standpoint.

I'm running 3 plugins - welcomer, the fov pluginn and custom message rotate.

1. The server seems to lag slightly, even for me connecting via internal IP to server.
Is this consistent with your experience?
also the datalog seems to log 6 entry's for every chat message, is this normal?

will disabling logging remedy the lagging ( i would prefer to have the plugins running )

the reason I`m asking, and not testing is that the server is currently populated and i don't want to fiddle with it blindfolded.

Any feedback is much appreciated!