Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General Help Thread
Hi,

I am having an issue with server addon 1.414 / 1.413 (I do not find any other version to test) on my dedicated server causing the server to not be public.

The reason I believe is that my server is set to a local IP, my router is doing the NAT.

Without the server addon the MW3 server works just fine:
http://pastebin.com/3fpSEE21
You can see the NAT in the console (public IP masked on purpose):
Initializing Steam Game Server: game port 27019, auth port 8767, query port 27015, gamedir modernwarfare3, version 1.0.0.1
Steam Game Server connected. Local IP 192.168.6.216, Public IP 87.98.XXX.XXX, Game Port 27019

With server addon however the Public IP is not detected and the ports are set to default:
http://pastebin.com/8Ejr5hsU
Initializing Steam Game Server: game port 27016, auth port 8766, query port 27015, gamedir modernwarfare3, version 1.0.0.1
The server starts and seems all fine but is not listed in the servers list and cannot be joined from the outside.

I believe this is a bug with server addon and I hope this can be fixed as not only I but also other people running multiple servers on a box behind firewall/router and game server providers cannot use server addon with this.

Time has passed but I can confirm server addon is broken with servers behind NAT (+set net_ip local_ip_here)

Vanilla server works fine but as soon as adding server addon it errors and cannot be joined/queried.

Vanilla:
Code:
Spawning map: mp_lambeth, gametype tdef
Initializing Steam Game Server: game port 30959, auth port 8767, query port 30960, gamedir modernwarfare3, version 1.0.0.1
Steam Game Server initialized as Internet Server.
No Steam Master Servers found. Server will LAN visible only.
Steam Game Server connected. Local IP 192.168.5.16, Public IP 87.98.X.X, Game Port 30959
Spawn map (mp_lambeth, tdef) complete.
I removed public IP last digit on purpose here.

With server addon:
Code:
Spawning map: mp_dome, gametype war
Initializing Steam Game Server: game port 30959, auth port 8766, query port 30960, gamedir modernwarfare3, version 1.0.0.1
Spawn map (mp_dome, war) complete.
-----------------------------------

The exact same file set on a machine *not* behind a NAT router (+set net_ip public_ip_here) is working.

(04-17-2014, 14:40)dimitrifrom31 Wrote: Time has passed but I can confirm server addon is broken with servers behind NAT (+set net_ip local_ip_here)

Vanilla server works fine but as soon as adding server addon it errors and cannot be joined/queried.

Vanilla:
Code:
Spawning map: mp_lambeth, gametype tdef
Initializing Steam Game Server: game port 30959, auth port 8767, query port 30960, gamedir modernwarfare3, version 1.0.0.1
Steam Game Server connected. Local IP 192.168.5.16, Public IP 87.98.X.X, Game Port 30959
Spawn map (mp_lambeth, tdef) complete.
I removed public IP last digit on purpose here.

With server addon:
Code:
Spawning map: mp_dome, gametype war
Initializing Steam Game Server: game port 30959, auth port 8766, query port 30960, gamedir modernwarfare3, version 1.0.0.1
Spawn map (mp_dome, war) complete.
-----------------------------------

The exact same file set on a machine *not* behind a NAT router (+set net_ip public_ip_here) is working.

Do you have .NET Framework 3.0 installed on you're computer or where ever you're trying to host it......
~FYANB~ Servers Website

Primary Account:
[Image: 76561198070236721.png]
Secondary Account:
[Image: 76561198096107676.png]
Third Account:
[Image: 76561198164751656.png]

(04-17-2014, 22:24)Casper Wrote: Do you have .NET Framework 3.0 installed on you're computer or where ever you're trying to host it......

Yes I have installed it.
Im using a server running windows 2008 R2

Hi,

i have a problem with the server addon.
It's correctly installed but when i want to start the server it always crahses.
Without the addon the server runs fine.

Net 3.0 + 3.5 installed
VCRED 2010 installed

Here a screenshot:
[Image: ylrflcjv.png]

Hope you can help me! Huh

I'm having the same problem as dimitrifrom31. It's never connecting to the steam master servers, and all my ports are 100% certainly open.

I'm having the same issue, crash on startup. Netfx 3.0 installed, I also have the redists. Is there anyone with Windows 8.1 that has gotten it to work?
Oh, just searched some more and this fixed it. http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...Addon.html
[Image: MaEIQ.png]

sometimes when i changing map all players stay in wait for othre players and server will crash !
server have not responding problem !
whats problem ? i use this plugin
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...anger.html
there is any good plugin without crash for changin mode and map ?

Which maps are you trying to switch to? If it's an DLC map you need to ensure everyone has that map and the server has it otherwise the server will stall/crash.
I now host all my MW3 projects on my private GIT repo

(07-28-2014, 04:44)SgtLegend Wrote: Which maps are you trying to switch to? If it's an DLC map you need to ensure everyone has that map and the server has it otherwise the server will stall/crash.
no i just try normal maps ! i think its not about special maps ! just sometimes server will be crash