• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 4: Facts & Figures
As an intro, I want to say that I am really inspired by what is going on at the moment and I just want to share my thoughts and I want you to share YOUR thoughts as well in the comments below. I am a big fan of Battlefield series and there are not many discussions going over here at the moment so I decided to make one which is actually relative to what is going on in the world. Events are in chronological order. Facts are not.

So, to start of, I think everybody knows that BF4 was announced. Firstly, there was some "leaked" info that proved itself being truth, and I think that it was actually a marketing trick by EA, a kind of self-advertising in this way. But yeah, the info showed the underwater rocket being shot and the date. Of announcement. Which was true as well.

New battlelog page appears, which unlocks the exclusive dogtag for BF3 "I Was There" and shows the picture of Shanghai.

Then came 26th of March (the date may be wrong - maybe 27, excuse my bad memory) and the announce. New page on battlefield.com, gameplay trailer.

Now when you type "batt" on YouTube the first thing you see is "Battlefield 4" title. Gameplay is in Baku (wait, so is it in China or not?). There are some differences between BF3 and BF4, but not as many as between BFBC2 and BF3. It looks very similar to MOH. Blue tint obviously removed, suppression either totally removed or weakened (still not sure), bigger explosions, weird (maybe unfinished?) grenade throws, obviously new UI, more realistic lighting. AI seems as dumb as before IMO.

As well as that mentioned before, there was also a meeting in Stockholm in which exclusive (by that term I mean that it was NOT shown ANYWHERE else but there) gameplay (which was live and not recorded in advance by the way). There was a meeting with DICE developers, however according to famous bloggers and YouTubers, they were not giving any exclusive commentaries about the upcoming game. The comments about the Stockholm conference can be seen in the video below.

And now the FACTS.
Fact #1: EA started advertising the game before the actual announcement.
Fact #2: It is going to have (or is going to be connected with) submarines and/or underwater battles.
Fact #3: EA keeps advertising harder, now they give away dogtags, attracting visitors
Fact #4: It is going to have (or is going to be connected with) Shanghai in particular or China in general, indirectly proving the leaked info that game is going to be in China
Fact #5: It is going to be based on Battlelog service (duh, again...)
Fact #6: DICE are using more Frostbite power than before and they are finally thinking of correcting their previous mistakes, such as blue tint or explosions.
Explosions in BF3 - my opinion (Click to View)
Fact #7: Stockholm event is without a doubt an advertising as well, with giving people fancy stuff (signed dogtags, iPhone cases) and showing them extra footage. Showing how cool they are. IMO the game is either really cool (which I doubt, because they did it really quickly) or it is not that good, and they are trying to advertise it as much as possible to maximize possible income from poorly done game. THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION.
Fact #8: Suppression. Taken away? I do not need to say much, it is really discussed well by @Jackfrags, his video is below

Fact #9: Still no news about BFBC3. I am 100% sure that it will be released. Firstly, EA is not less greedy than Activision, and they will get every cent from the game series that is possible to get. But secondly, there was a perfect sense of third part coming. Do you remember the end of BFBC2? It was literally saying "The Russians are invading through Alaska, this is not the end yet". So where is our BFBC3? On one hand, it is bad that BF4 is announced instead. Because nobody likes to wait, right? But on the other hand, they will have more time for its development and I hope they will use it wisely.
Fact #10: Premium service will be still present in BF4. According to web rumours, it is going to cost 50$, include 4 map packs, which are 15$ each if buying separately. Pre-order is already available, of both Standard and Digital Deluxe versions (the last one includes premium).
[Image: 80d2846d558d90df3ffb958bda50f2e5.png]
My opinion about premium (Click to View)

If something new comes out I will be adding it to the thread. This is it for now, please discuss in comments. Point me at my mistakes, if I have made any. @Borealis

Excuse me spelling and grammar mistakes if I have done any, was writing late at night.
(04-03-2013, 23:38)Borealis Wrote: It means that I have paid for B2K TWICE. Which I do not like.

Noone to blame but you.

Also you didn't pay twice for it. You payed once for it, in the exclusive. Then premium came and B2K was not a profitable product and was technically given away for free.
I know that it was MY mistake, I don't deny that. But when I was buying the exclusive version there was not a single word about premium and then - surprise, you can buy premium. Which includes something that you already have. But I see what you are saying
Cutting the leg with one slice, fuck yeaah! Cus sawing the bone is too mainstream Troll
They also fell down from that building and some concrete fell on them - I geartly doubt you will stay alive after that...
(04-04-2013, 10:49)Borealis Wrote: But when I was buying the exclusive version there was not a single word about premium and then - surprise, you can buy premium. Which includes something that you already have. But I see what you are saying

Yes, but you could've known they would release DLC. Which you planned for to buy seperately or not at all. So when they were announced and with it a Premium package that included them all, you used the option to get them all at a smaller price than (all DLC - the price for B2K). Which was still a better option for you than not to have a Premium option for people that wanted it.

But sorry, I'll stop the derail here.

OT: Probably not going to buy because this somehow feels like a CoD 5,6,7,8,9 to me. "Ah, let's take a previous successful game (CoD4/BF3) and make new maps and weapons but don't change anything groundbreaking at all"

I had this feeling a *little* bit from BFBC2 -> BF3 (as in, really just a little) but this looks like a very small upgrade to me, which Valve would just pack in a free update to the existing game, if it were a Valve game.
(04-04-2013, 23:21)SuperNovaAO Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 10:49)Borealis Wrote: But when I was buying the exclusive version there was not a single word about premium and then - surprise, you can buy premium. Which includes something that you already have. But I see what you are saying
I had this feeling a *little* bit from BFBC2 -> BF3 (as in, really just a little) but this looks like a very small upgrade to me, which Valve would just pack in a free update to the existing game, if it were a Valve game.

EA is in for teh monies LOL
Those investments they made on the engine needs to be earned back and that is the reason why developers keep doing this. I don't mind if they changed just a little, aslong as it's fun to play, that is what it is all about.
Offtopic questions to moderators (Click to View)
I would prefer them to take some time and release a whole NEW game, not a good-looking update for the old one. I still hope they will do it with BFBC3, but BF4 looks kind of ruined as a title IMO
(04-06-2013, 16:50)Borealis Wrote:
Offtopic questions to moderators (Click to View)
I would prefer them to take some time and release a whole NEW game, not a good-looking update for the old one. I still hope they will do it with BFBC3, but BF4 looks kind of ruined as a title IMO

Because there is no BF4 section yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battlefield 4 trailer surtek 50 22,431 09-20-2013, 08:27
Last Post: Ich1994
  [Release] FXAA Injector Battlefield 3+Best Settings [Update danoc1 v1.3 Beta] iPaddie 31 62,831 08-30-2013, 00:51
Last Post: Squideh
  [News] Free Battlefield 3 Close Quarters DLC! iPaddie 2 3,817 06-11-2013, 21:08
Last Post: RaZ
Information Battlefield 4 info Borealis 12 7,940 03-21-2013, 20:49
Last Post: Borealis
  Battlefield 3 Mods Arteq 11 7,959 01-29-2013, 20:45
Last Post: surtek
  Battlefield 3 Account Giveaway DidUknowiPwn 20 25,540 12-28-2012, 21:32
Last Post: JariZ
  Random interesting facts AZUMIKKEL 40 14,761 11-13-2012, 16:47
Last Post: JariZ
  [Release] Battlefield 3 prestige emblems R4ST4M4N 11 13,983 06-19-2012, 17:41
Last Post: veraPoland
  [News] Battlefield 3 Premium Launched Metro-Police#45 23 10,320 06-11-2012, 10:18
Last Post: alvarogt95
  [POLL] Battlefield 3 itsmods server Arteq 20 10,098 04-23-2012, 10:31
Last Post: alvarogt95